Sportingstore informational articles and resouces for a variety sports, including football, baseball, hockey, basketball, rugby and volleyball.
- Rollergams Hockey Jerseys
- Tie and Dye Hockey Jerseys
- Reaver Beer League Hockey jerseys
- New Apparel and Sign Online Designer
- How Do I Choose The Best Football Pants
- How choose jerseys for a POP Warner Team?
- How do you know what size in football jersey to wear
- How do I Learn to play Touch Football
- How to choose the correct size hockey socks
- Sports Education
Posted by Karen Sanders on 11/29/2011
Football jerseys sizes are based on chest size measurement. So size 48 means and 48 inch chest. Many manufacturers have provide their interpretation of cheats in the form of letters. So it is very important to read each manufacturer’ sizing chart, in order to find the correct sizing and measurement.
Many football jerseys are made for pads. So in most cases, you can go down one size if your intention is to use the jersey as casual wear. But the fact that football jersey are tapered (a relatively large shoulder compared to a smaller waistline) you may have difficulties fitting the football jersey if you go down a size or two. Also, most people will not grow taller, they will mostly likely grow wider. So it it is more safe to get a jersey that is too big than one that is too small. A really good rule is to select your jersey based on your t-shirt size.